How a leadership mindset creates success.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link. If you click through a link and make a purchase, it will earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you!
Every successful person I’ve been exposed to so far has these key core values in common.
- Manifestation mindset.
- They all believe that if you can dream it you can do it. A leadership mindset is believing that it’s possible.
- They owe it to their tribe to share their story.
- This might seem egotistical (another leadership trait) but they believe they owe it to the people they might be able to help to keep pushing forward. That they have a unique gift that needs to be shared.
- The money will follow.
- The money isn’t for them.
- Of course, they worked hard for it and earned it but it’s what they can do with that money that makes the difference. Who they can help. How they can give back. The impact they can leave on the world.
- Seeing the possibilities, not the problems.
- There will always be problems, but they are not insurmountable. Leaders have a unique ability to both go with the flow and forge ahead. Adaptable in their approach but determined in their destination.
- Knowing their limitations.
- A leader is someone that knows how to ask for help. When there is something that someone does better than them, they seek their counsel. If they are the smartest person in the room, they are in the wrong room.
A leadership trait is a growth mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset.
A leader is someone who has the ability to change according to the situation. Meaning that, when presented with an obstacle or a difficulty they think creatively on how to handle the situation to best fit their desired outcome.
This presents a growth mindset because it indicates that the individual has the wherewithal to learn something new, forget something learned, or create something that has not been seen before in order to reach their goal. This is what sets them apart, their leader mindset is to pave the way for others.
They are creators of their future.
As long as a person can keep their desired outcome in sight, there is very little that can stop them from getting there. The key is, it is up to them.
Imagine that you are in a corn maze and you must get to the end as quickly as possible. Naturally, you would be inclined to beeline for the exit, forget the paths that are created for you but instead plow your way through the corn. That is seemingly the most efficient method.
As you are knocking down stalks of corn and climbing over hills, you’re getting battered and bruised and you think it will never end. A fixed mindset would continue on in the same manner until he or she either reaches the exit or gives up along the way.
A growth mindset might start that way but when the going gets tough, might phone a friend and ask them to throw them a rope to pull them through faster. The fixed mindset might think that was cheating, but the growth mindset really just found a solution that helped them reach their goal instead of giving up or possibly failing anyway. The rope was the creative leader mindset.
Your dreams need to be bigger than your mountains.
Once you reach the pinnacle, it may get easier. To get to the top, you will have to climb mountains. Sometimes you may wonder if the mountains will ever end, but if you give up you’ll never know. Giving up is not a leadership trait.
Not every destination is meant for you either, and you have to be aware enough to recognize that too. The importance there is to adjust your dream accordingly. A growth mindset understands that the means are to an end. You can adjust your means but not your end.
What are your dreams? Are they bigger than what you have right now? How will you get what you want? I hope this encourages you to step out of your comfort zone, to dream bigger, and reach for more. I know that this life is special and meaningful, you can grab it by the horns or watch it fade away.
Your dreams are unique to you. Your voice is only yours. Only you have the right combination of skills, heart, and mind to make a difference in your world. I hope you are being authentically you, no one else can!
Think blogging is for you?
Maybe a different business?
Have a business? Get my FREE Newsletter to help you hone your abilities.