Affirmations are huge for me! And nobody does them like Dr. Wayne Dyer.
Disclosure: This post may or may not be sponsored or contain an affiliate link. If you click through a link and make a purchase, it may or may not earn me a small commission. At no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Many of you know me by now, but those that don’t yet may not know that I did not always live a healthy lifestyle. I was a very broken individual in years past, and it took a lot of rewiring to get to where I am today. One of the best things that helped me was affirmations, and doing them daily helped create a cycle of goodness that I needed to create a life only I could dream of.
This is why I have spent so much time helping you with your mental game! Because I know that without it it’s nearly impossible to achieve a life of happiness that you desire. When listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book, Excuses Begone, these affirmations hit home in the best kind of way. I hope that they can for you too!
So what are affirmations?
Affirmations are phrases you say to yourself to help break out of a negative thought pattern or behavior and help open you up to the possibilities of the universe. They help with manifesting your dream life because these phrases reinforce your belief in what the world has to offer you, if you believe them. That is the catch, you need to have affirmations that you can actually believe and understand.
If you are flat broke, saying ‘I am rich’ is not something you can believe for example. However, saying that you are rich is something you can believe if you are speaking in terms of abundance from the universe rather than monetarily. As in, ‘I am rich in love’ or ‘I am rich in opportunities’ is more believable and can open you up to the abundance of the universe.
That is the genius of Dr. Wayne Dyer’s affirmations, that they are simple enough to be believable while also being particular enough to break down the specific barrier that is holding you back. We all have different blocks to our energy and the power of these affirmations is to break them down while alerting you to their existence.
We all hold ourselves back.
There are long-held beliefs that we all have that stop us from reaching our true potential. Saying things to yourself like, I’ve always been middle-class, is placing a limit on your potential. You may believe it to be true because it is, but just because it is right now doesn’t mean it always has to be.
Self-limiting beliefs are thieves of who you can be! When you start stripping away these words and phrases you have always told yourself is when you can be your best version of yourself. Using affirmations has been my most effective means of eliminating these detrimental beliefs.
Other things that have helped are journaling, gratitude, and a vision board! Oh my goodness, create a vision board! Put pictures of everything you want to happen in your life onto a large piece of paper or put it directly on a wall that you look at frequently. Then, ask yourself why you don’t think you can have it. Sounds counterproductive, but once you know why you don’t think you can have it, you can start eliminating those beliefs!
Dr. Wayne Dyer’s 18 Affirmations.
1. It will be difficult
- I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort
2. It’s going to be risky
- Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, I live it fearlessly.
3. It will take a long time
- I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.
4. There will be family drama
- I would rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
5. I don’t deserve it
- I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.
6. It’s not my nature
- My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.
7. I can’t afford it
- I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
8. No one will help me
- The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.
9. It has never happened before
- I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.
10. I’m not strong enough
- I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.
11. I’m not smart enough
- I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am a genius in my own right.
12. I’m too old (or not old enough)
- I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.
13. The rules won’t let me
- I live my life according to Divine rules.
14. It’s too big
- I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I accomplish great things.
15. I don’t have the energy
- I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.
16. It’s not my personal family history
- I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m too busy
- As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.
18. I’m too scared
- I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never alone.
What is your favorite from the above?
Be sure to grab Dr. Dyer’s book below to get more wisdom from the man himself!
If you want more Mindset Mastery Tips grab my Mindset Mastery for Mom Entrepreneur Guide!