May is mental health awareness month, these top 7 tips will help you create your dream life if you stick to them.
Disclosure: This post may or may not be sponsored or contain an affiliate link. If you click through a link and make a purchase, it may or may not earn me a small commission. At no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. * I am not a health professional *
Mental Health Tips
- Get moving – Physical activity is a great way to reduce stress, improve your mood, and boost your overall mental health. So get out there and take a walk, go for a run, or dance around your living room!
- Connect with others – Spend time with friends and loved ones, or reach out to someone new. Social connection is key to maintaining good mental health.
- Be mindful – Take some time each day to focus on the present moment and be fully aware of your surroundings and how you’re feeling. This can help you to better manage stress and anxiety.
- Eat well – Eating nutritious foods helps to support good mental health. Make sure to include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep is important for both physical and mental health. Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Practice relaxation techniques – Relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation can help to reduce stress and promote feelings of calmness and wellbeing.
- Seek professional help if needed – If you’re struggling with mental health issues, don’t hesitate to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor.
It’s like trying to ride a bike without a bike. When you take care of your mental health everything else has the ability to function properly. Not only does it literally help your brain functionality but it also makes you want to do well in everything else.
I chose to write about this topic today because it is near and dear to me, and if you’re struggling I hope that these words can help you. Depression and anxiety, or any other type of mental struggle is not something to brush under the rug. Please talk to someone if you’re feeling overwhelming feelings.
When I decided to become a paranormal romance author, I knew the story I wanted to tell, and that story is about struggle and triumph. It’s okay to struggle, but not forever, struggle can be a mindset if you let it be.
If you want more inspiration (and more romance novels) please sign up for my weekly newsletter! I promise you’ll LOVE it (P.S. it includes a free copy of my debut novel, Fireflies ~ you’re welcome).