I say natural beauty products because I just don’t always have the time for makeup. How I make sure my skin is up to the challenge.
Disclosure: This post may or may not be sponsored or contain an affiliate link. If you click through a link and make a purchase, it may or may not earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re anything like me, the whole beauty routine thing didn’t always make sense. Not that I was completely inept but there’s such a selection to pick from I never knew where to start. Besides, it’s not like they teach you skincare at any point in time, it’s one of those things that you seek out on your own.
Before being introduced to skincare of any kind I just did simple things, wash my face, foundation and mascara. Once, I was fully immersed, I got a little carried away with all of the possibilities that exist. So, to celebrate my recent 5 Day No Makeup Challenge, here’s a list of my favorite natural beauty products. Keep in mind, not all are with all-natural ingredients, it’s simply all to achieve a look that looks like you’re not really wearing makeup, make sense?
Natural Beauty Products:Skincare
- Cleanser-Find a cleanser that works for your skin, normal, dry, combination, or oily.
- Moisturizer-Like above, find one that’s suited to your skin type.
- Microdermabrasion!-There’s an exclamation point because I love, love this product. It helps get rid of the dead skin cells that your skin doesn’t need laying there.
- Pore Minimizer-I have bad pores on my nose, and pores continue to get larger as you age so I love using this with the microdermabrasion as well as the next product. Cleaning out your pores is also incredibly important!
- Charcoal Mask-I need the charcoal mask because like I said I have larger pores and what happens is they get filled with dirt and other bacteria throughout the day. Charcoal draws out those impurities and leaves your pores clean and clear.
- Vitamin C Serum-Recently having done some research, I learned that dark spots are very common when you’re pregnant. Having had two kids the past two years, I have a few that I despise. Pregnancy or not, I never had the most even skin so vitamin C helps brighten your skin tone and even it out.
In the effort to keep my skin as natural as possible, I like to just make sure I have a good “canvas” to work with, that’s part of what needing good skincare is all about. These natural beauty products are all about creating a good base that you can build on with whatever makeup look you want.
- Oil Mattifier- I have more oily skin so this dries up the problem areas so that my foundation doesn’t slide off.
- Foundation Primer-Whether you use foundation or not using one with an SPF isn’t a bad idea, especially if just to keep those tiny hairs laying down on your face.
- Color Corrector- I have a lot of redness, rosacea, ugh. So using a green will counterbalance the redness. You could also use a purple to brighten up your skin, and more!
- Concealer- Especially for those dark circles under your eyes.
- CC Cream- You can use with or without the above mentioned.
- Powder- Either colored or translucent, powder is great for lightly covering some problem areas.
If your skin is great, you don’t even need to be bothered with any makeup, those are just my favorites for a simple makeup look. For those days before masks when I just didn’t want to feel yuck at the grocery store. It’s really the ultimate natural beauty products list, because it is only helping clear your skin!
Natural Beauty Products Finale!
So this is if you want to actually wear some makeup, just highlighting your natural features is best. Beauty rule number one, is you typically only want to showcase one feature. So if you have great cheekbones, go for the blush. Amazing lips, lipstick. Eyes, go crazy with your eyes!
- Eyes-When featuring eyes be sure to know what your eyelashes need. Volume, lengthening, or something else.
- Also note that if you are using eyeshadow, the opposite color on a color wheel is what will look best. Brown eyes are the most versatile. Be sure to add an eye primer first!
- Add a highlight or light color under your eyebrows to bring out brow bones.
- Also add a highlight or light color on the inside of your eyelid, outside, under, or above, depending on eye shape and whether you have close-set or far-set eyes (or any combination).
- When doing your eyebrows if you have to fill them in, mimic the hairs that are already growing there, so light and sweeping strokes.
- Eyeliner as necessary or preferred. I like to go on the inside of my lashes and just lightly add some so that my lashes look fuller.
- Lips-When featuring your lips use a lip primer, lip liner, and then lipstick. Depending on what you’d prefer you can go matte, nude, bold, whatever! Have fun with it.
- Cheeks-Contouring can go a long way, be sure to research how to contour according to your face shape. Blush or highlighter goes right at the apples of the cheeks.
There you have it!
So, if you don’t know, last week I did a post on self-care and another on Medium about why I never took care of myself. I started this blog because I wanted to help moms like myself not only learn how to live their best lives but to really have fun doing it! And my favorite natural beauty products always brighten my day, so I hope that they will brighten yours too!
Makeup and skincare might not be your thing. I get that, it wasn’t mine! But I can say that once I started investing in myself, my skin was one area that I was embarrassed of and knew I needed to change. So that’s why I created this particular post for you because it was an area I struggled with.
If you combine all of the above listed, you get a complete makeup look! Makeup is cool like that, you can do as much or as little as you’d like. I used to do makeup depending on my mood that day since kids it’s a lot more of the same look every day, which I’m okay with!
Tell me, what’s your beauty routine like? Leave a comment below and let me know! Especially if it was different before kids and after kids.
Want to know my preferred brand? Reach out to me!
One way or the other, I just hope that you’re taking care of yourself first. Before you can be the best for anyone else, you have to be the best for you!