A list of workouts to do at home, since I don’t have time to go to the gym (even if they’re open now).
Disclosure: This post may or may not be sponsored or contain an affiliate link. If you click through a link and make a purchase, it may or may not earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*I am not a personal trainer or anything like that this is just my routine*
Even before 2020 happened, going to the gym was a chore. It wasn’t that I didn’t like working out, it’s that it all takes so much time (in my opinion). Now that I’m a work from home mom, it’s even more difficult to get there.
For those reasons I decided to let you know some of my favorite workouts to do at home! Just be sure to go at your own pace!
The key to your success in maintaining a workout routine from home is, don’t make it a chore, make it a way to relax! In fact, putting on some athletic apparel that makes you feel like you’re headed to the gym is a great way to get in the zone, my personal favorite is Bombshell Sportswear.
Workouts To Do at Home.
- Bicep curls, I use 10-pound weights and focus on high reps since they’re the only ones I have.
- Tricep Dips, using the coffee table or couch as long as they will absolutely support your weight is a great one!
- Shoulder press using those weights! Whoo, those get your arms feeling like you’re working out!
- Crunches are always great, I like the crossover ones in particular.
- Side crunches are great for your obliques which in my experience usually bring out my abs better.
- Leg lifts…I need a pillow under my lower back to accomplish these but they really target those lower abs that usually need some help.
- Squats! You can’t go wrong with squats. Well, you can if you don’t have the correct form but they’re a great all-around leg workout. One of my favorite workouts to do at home!
- Donkey Kicks are my favorite, clearly, both are also working on your gluteus maximus (as my gym teacher ethically termed it), but they’re also very easy to do a bunch of!
- Raised calves are, I think, essential when you do so many thigh exercises so I do like to add these in too.
- Donkey kicks work for your lower back too!
- Pushups! I love to hate and hate to love pushups but they’re so important for your overall physique.
- Rows are a good, easy back workout. I use my weights to make it more challenging.
Don’t forget your sportswear!
I hope my list helped you! My husband and I work out almost every day, but that’s because we enjoy it. Teaching your body and brain to look forward to working out isn’t always easy but it is so worth it when you get there. And keep researching workouts to do at home to find one that is exactly your speed! There are so many! But seriously, don’t forget to dress the part with Bombshell Sportswear Store.
One of the ways I taught myself to enjoy working out from home is to get into athletic clothing, as I mentioned earlier. Not only does it help your brain to get out of any fog you might be in by getting out of pajamas but getting into sportswear literally sets your brain to work out mode. And putting on some uber-confident sexy leggings makes me feel like I’m crushing this work from home, mom of two under two life, even if it doesn’t feel like it all the time.
These sexy workout clothes (goodbye boring gym leggings!) are great for an ego boost, even if your husband is too busy watching the game to notice (cue the eye roll). Head to Bombshell Sportswear Store to check them out for yourself!
What are your favorite workouts to do at home? Let me know in the comments!